This BSN Amino X review is going to give you the low-down on one of the best BCAA supplements around. There are a lot of great BSN Amino X reviews around because this is a supplement that works and does exactly what you expect from a BCAA supplement.
Unlike a lot of Amino X reviews, we’re not going to focus on just a few positive aspects of this supplement but we’re going to look at all the important information about Amino X in a comprehensive and informative fashion. There’s no need to look at any other Amino X BSN review. This review has got you covered!
Criteria For A Great BCAA
If you’re reading this BSN Amino X review right now, you are probably interested in purchasing a top quality BCAA supplement and already know exactly what you want from such a supplement. But if you are still unsure of exactly what makes a BCAA supplement great or even what a BCAA supplement is, let’s do a quick rundown.
BCAA stands for branched chain amino acid, which refers to a group of essential amino acids like leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Branched chain amino acids are basically the building blocks of protein and are very handy to have in many circumstances.
A BCAA supplement is especially useful if you are on a diet because they help to preserve muscle mass, making sure that the weight you lose is fat and not muscle.
If you do cardio in a fasted state, it is very wise to have a BCAA supplement before, during, and after your workout. This will make sure you get the best from your fat-burning exercise.
When looking for a great BCAA supplement, most people are interested in a supplement that has a 2:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine and valine. Many trainers are also interested in supplements that have other amino acids like taurine, l-alanine, and l-citrulline.
Trainers looking for a great BCAA supplement are expecting to have improved recovery, reduced muscular soreness, and reduced muscle loss during a calorie deficit.
There are other perks that people interested in a BCAA supplement are looking for. For example, I like my BCAA supplements to have an appetite suppressant effect, taste good, and have no nasty fillers or chemicals.
Some people like to have creatine and caffeine mixed in with their BCAA supplement but many people, myself included, prefer not to have that stuff because most people want to be able to take their BCAA supplement at any time of day.
BSN Amino X Supplement Overview
The first thing that we should discuss in this Amino X review is the branched chain amino acids. Because this is a BCAA supplement, that is the most important thing.
You will be glad to know that BSN have made their BCAA supplement with the 2:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine and valine. You get 10g of amino acids per serving, which is a good amount.
There is no caffeine, so you can use this at all times during the day. It comes in 8 different flavors: Watermelon, Fruit Punch, Blue Raz, Grape, Green Apple, Strawberry Dragonfruit, Tropical Pineapple, and Unflavored.
BSN have designed their supplement for pre-workout, intra-workout, and post-workout and they recommend 2 servings a day in 6-8oz of cold water or your beverage of choice. If you’re dieting down, mixing it with water is a good option. If you’re bulking up, mixing it in your protein shake works well.
- Amino X tastes amazing. There are a lot of great tasting BCAA supplements out there (Xtend and Cellucor Alpha Amino are the first ones that springs to mind for me). But we also know that there are definitely a lot of disgusting tasting supplements. Even more so, many BCAA supplements come in impossible-to-swallow pills. But Amino X is fantastic. They have got the flavors spot on. My favorite flavors are Blue Raz, Watermelon, and Fruit Punch but they’re all really good. They taste like Kool-Aid.
- Amino X mixes really well. You don’t even need a shaker. A spoon and a glass of water work really well. No clumping!
- It works really well when it comes to reducing muscle soreness, which is one of the main things that people want from a BCAA supplement. You can go really heavy and hard with the weights and the next day you’ll feel good. Amino X really boosts your recovery so you can train more often. It also works well as an appetite suppressant so it’s perfect for people on a diet.
- It’s cheap. Seriously, for less than $20, I don’t know how the good people at BSN do it. They’ve made this so affordable that I have stocked up on multiple flavors. Starting my diet was like Christmas come early.
- Some people think that 10g of branched chain amino acids per serving in a BCAA supplement is not enough. Personally, I think this is a very good amount and it’s perfect for me and my needs. It does the job at preserving muscle and reducing soreness. But I can understand why some people would want a bigger serving. If you want a bigger serving though, you can just add an extra scoop. This isn’t an expensive product so I can’t see this as being too much of a bad thing.
- Some people might not like the taste. Some might find the taste too artificial. But I love the taste and if you like snow cones or Kool-Aid, I’m sure you’ll love this too and most people will definitely welcome a sweet little treat when they’re dieting down to sub-10% body fat.
- Some people might be underwhelmed if they don’t know what a good BCAA supplement is supposed to do. BCAAs aren’t a magic bullet that is going to give you heaps of energy in the gym or make you lose a ton of weight. But they are a very effective weapon in your training arsenal. With a good diet, proper water intake, and good lifestyle choices, BCAAs will really help to speed up your recovery, reduce your DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), and help you lose fat quicker and with greater ease.
To sum up this BSN Amino X review, I must say that this is one of the best BCAA supplements on the market. It’s affordable, it tastes delicious, it mixes well, and, most importantly, it does what you expect from a BCAA supplement.
It reduces muscle soreness, improves recovery, and makes fat loss much easier (all which have been proven). I’m not the only one who loves this supplement either. Amazon alone has almost 1,000 glowing BSN Amino X reviews. If you’re looking for a fantastic BCAA supplement, I really suggest you pick up a couple of tubs of the amazing BSN Amino X.
Product Images Sourced From Amazon.com